Reading Time: 2 minutes A new virus has emerged from Wuhan City in China. In late December 2019, WHO was alerted to several cases of pneumonia in Wuhan City, Hubei Province of China. The Chinese authorities confirmed that they had identified a new virus, known as coronavirus.
Outbreaks of foodborne disease occurs when two or more of people who eat the same food get the same illness.
Reading Time: 3 minutes Click here to view the original web page at 8 Disease Outbreaks From 2018 That You Should Know About 2018 […]
Reading Time: 4 minutes When a foodborne disease outbreak is detected, such as the Listeriosis outbreak in South Africa. Health officials and scientists work quickly to collect as much information as possible to find out what is causing it, so they can take action to prevent more people from all ill.
The Listeriosis outbreak in South Africa included scientists from the NICD, Department of Health (DoH) and a few private laboratories.
Reading Time: 3 minutes The listeriosis outbreak update as of 20 April 2018 (previous update 20 February 2018). Since the recall of 4 March 2018 the rate of infections and deaths have reduced dramatically. This shows that the recall was effective in minimising further infections. However, the NICD has further shown that although the ST 6 serotype accounts for 92% of infections, the remaining 8% of infections have at least 11 other strains of Listeria monocytogenes.