HYGIENE FOOD SAFETY
Hygiene Food Safety formed out of several years of food safety consulting in the food industry. We focus on helping chefs, managers and staff by creating awareness, understanding and implementation of a hygiene and food safety system.
Our website was inspired by the book author and course creator Adrian Carter. Adrian has shared his knowledge and unique approach to consulting on hygiene and food safety in the hospitality, retail and food service industry. The food industry is already exposed to food safety systems, yet there is still a lack of understanding of why such systems need to implementing.
Hygiene Food Safety helps the food industry by creating content using “the Food Safety Pillars” and food microbiology. Training on hygiene and food safety cannot be effective unless there is a concerted effort to create awareness around hygiene in the kitchen. An effective system cannot be implemented until understanding has taken place. Working in a team environment means all staff must be involved in maintaining the system. The kitchen cannot maintain this system if staff do not know if something is wrong. Creating an open environment for training to take place is key to the process.
WHAT WE DO…
We offer a variety of services to our clients:
Our mission is to help individuals learn about hygiene and food safety. Understand bacteria in the kitchen, so that they can build a solid foundation for a strong and sustainable hygiene food safety system.
Our vision is to create hygiene food safety ambassadors throughout the food industry. Where awareness, understanding and implementation fall into place. Thus, creating an effective, efficient and sustainable food safety environment.
The Food Safety Pillars
Over the years we have become aware that the kitchen does not know or understand why hygiene and food safety is important. The food safety pillars are the basic requirements of food safety. And it is our mission to allow others to become ambassadors in the food safety pillars.
We have an online food safety training course available on Udemy that will allow you to become food safety ambassadors:
Food Safety for the Kitchen
We have an ebook or paperback on hygiene and food safety available on Amazon that will help you further understand the principles of food safety.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY…
This course is a good and comprehensive way to introduce new kitchen staff to basic kitchen procedures for reduction and elimination of sources of food poisoning. It also serves as a good preparatory or refresher course for staff to use prior to undertaking more onerous training such as that for BRC7 and HACCP. How to Prevent Food Poisoning using The Food Safety Pillars
- Valuable information
- Clear explanations
- Engaging delivery
- Helpful practice activities
- Accurate course description
- Knowledgeable instructor
The course is informative and practical. I like the way the visual aids were presented. They were very helpful in learning. Overall it’s okay. I only have a few suggestions. I think it will be nicer if there’s an option for a caption. And also, you can add a small quiz at the end of the lesson. Overall, I love this course. Thanks.
The pillars are put forth in actionable terms and just what a small business needs to build its foundation on good hygiene.
A very useful book. It helped me understand food safety in an easy way that was practical.
NEW FROM THE BLOG…
Catch up on our latest articles
- Fully Cooked Chicken in Listeria monocytogenes OutbreakReading Time: 3 minutes One death has been reported in a Listeria monocytogenes outbreak that appears to be linked to precooked chicken served in health care facilities, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) posted a warning notice online, which was last updated July 9, noting that there have been three illnesses…
- 10 Basic Kitchen Hygiene Rules To FollowReading Time: 3 minutes Kitchen hygiene during food preparation in the kitchen is essential to everyone’s health. Whether its at home, a commercial kitchen, catering, or a food factory. Kitchen hygiene forms the basis for any food safety system. What are the 10 Basic kitchen hygiene rules? 1. Keep your hand clean (Kitchen hygiene rule 101): Keeping your hands…
- World Food Safety Day 2021Reading Time: 3 minutes World Food Safety Day (WFSD) celebrated on 7 June 2021 aims to draw attention and inspire action to help prevent, detect and manage foodborne risks, contributing to food security, human health, economic prosperity, agriculture, market access, tourism and sustainable development. At Hygiene Food Safety our focus is on creating awareness on hygiene and food safety…
- New Listeria Species Discovered: What Does This Mean For Food Safety?Reading Time: 2 minutes A new species of Listeria has been discovered by Scientists from Cornell University. Five previously unknown species of Listeria have been added to the list. The most infamous of the genus you may recognise; Listeria monocytogenes, an opportunistic pathogen that causes listeriosis. A food-borne illness affecting several processed foods. Where was the new Listeria species…
- Food Safety During EasterReading Time: 2 minutes As we head into the Easter holidays many countries throughout the world are either well into the vaccination program or heading into the 3rd wave of COVID-19 infections. Food safety during Easter should not be forgotten during this critical period. Whether you’re celebrating your Seder meal with brisket or Easter dinner with ham or lamb,…
- Shelf-life: How Long Should Foods Last?Reading Time: 4 minutes What is the shelf-life of a product? The Shelf-life of a product can be defined as a group of microbiological, chemical and sensory tests performed on food products that determine at what point in time is the product no longer safe to consume and when the product losses its peak quality markers. Further to the…