HYGIENE FOOD SAFETY
Hygiene Food Safety formed out of several years of food safety consulting in the food industry. We focus on helping chefs, managers and staff by creating awareness, understanding and implementation of a hygiene and food safety system.
Our website was inspired by the book author and course creator Adrian Carter. Adrian has shared his knowledge and unique approach to consulting on hygiene and food safety in the hospitality, retail and food service industry. The food industry is already exposed to food safety systems, yet there is still a lack of understanding of why such systems need to implementing.
Hygiene Food Safety helps the food industry by creating content using “the Food Safety Pillars” and food microbiology. Training on hygiene and food safety cannot be effective unless there is a concerted effort to create awareness around hygiene in the kitchen. An effective system cannot be implemented until understanding has taken place. Working in a team environment means all staff must be involved in maintaining the system. The kitchen cannot maintain this system if staff do not know if something is wrong. Creating an open environment for training to take place is key to the process.
WHAT WE DO…
We offer a variety of services to our clients:
Our mission is to help individuals learn about hygiene and food safety. Understand bacteria in the kitchen, so that they can build a solid foundation for a strong and sustainable hygiene food safety system.
Our vision is to create hygiene food safety ambassadors throughout the food industry. Where awareness, understanding and implementation fall into place. Thus, creating an effective, efficient and sustainable food safety environment.
The Food Safety Pillars
Over the years we have become aware that the kitchen does not know or understand why hygiene and food safety is important. The food safety pillars are the basic requirements of food safety. And it is our mission to allow others to become ambassadors in the food safety pillars.
We have an online food safety training course available on Udemy that will allow you to become food safety ambassadors:
Food Safety for the Kitchen
We have an ebook or paperback on hygiene and food safety available on Amazon that will help you further understand the principles of food safety.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY…
This course is a good and comprehensive way to introduce new kitchen staff to basic kitchen procedures for reduction and elimination of sources of food poisoning. It also serves as a good preparatory or refresher course for staff to use prior to undertaking more onerous training such as that for BRC7 and HACCP. How to Prevent Food Poisoning using The Food Safety Pillars
- Valuable information
- Clear explanations
- Engaging delivery
- Helpful practice activities
- Accurate course description
- Knowledgeable instructor
The course is informative and practical. I like the way the visual aids were presented. They were very helpful in learning. Overall it’s okay. I only have a few suggestions. I think it will be nicer if there’s an option for a caption. And also, you can add a small quiz at the end of the lesson. Overall, I love this course. Thanks.
The pillars are put forth in actionable terms and just what a small business needs to build its foundation on good hygiene.
A very useful book. It helped me understand food safety in an easy way that was practical.
NEW FROM THE BLOG…
Catch up on our latest articles
- Foodborne Illness Prevention: Essential Tips at HomeReading Time: 4 minutes Your home kitchen is where delicious meals are prepared for your family and friends, and it’s crucial to ensure that it’s a safe environment where you can confidently cook without risking anyone’s health. In this article, we will be sharing essential tips for maintaining a safe kitchen at home and preventing foodborne illnesses. Understanding Foodborne … Read more
- Food Safety and E-commerce: Ensuring Safe Handling and TransportationReading Time: 2 minutes The rise of online food delivery and meal kit services has transformed the food industry. However, this trend has also raised concerns about food safety and the need for regulations to ensure safe handling and transportation of these products. Here are some of the key issues: Transportation and Mishandling One of the primary concerns is … Read more
- 10 Basic Kitchen Hygiene Rules To FollowReading Time: 4 minutes Maintaining proper kitchen hygiene during food preparation is crucial for everyone’s health and safety. Whether you’re cooking at home, in a commercial kitchen, catering, or a food factory, adhering to these hygiene rules forms the foundation of a robust food safety system. In this article, we will explore ten essential kitchen hygiene rules that will … Read more
- Food Safety During Easter: Ensuring a Safe and Enjoyable CelebrationReading Time: 3 minutes As we approach the Easter holidays, it’s essential to prioritize food safety to safeguard the well-being of your loved ones. Whether you’re preparing a traditional Passover Seder meal or an Easter dinner with ham or lamb, following proper food safety practices is crucial. Eggs also play a significant role in Easter celebrations, so it’s important … Read more
- World Food Safety Day 2021Reading Time: 3 minutes World Food Safety Day (WFSD) celebrated on 7 June 2021 aims to draw attention and inspire action to help prevent, detect and manage foodborne risks, contributing to food security, human health, economic prosperity, agriculture, market access, tourism and sustainable development. At Hygiene Food Safety our focus is on creating awareness on hygiene and food safety … Read more
- New Listeria Species Discovered: What Does This Mean For Food Safety?Reading Time: 2 minutes A new species of Listeria has been discovered by Scientists from Cornell University. Five previously unknown species of Listeria have been added to the list. The most infamous of the genus you may recognise; Listeria monocytogenes, an opportunistic pathogen that causes listeriosis. A food-borne illness affecting several processed foods. Where was the new Listeria species … Read more